Tuesday 17 August 2010

Little Hobbit Feet

As the girls in my office will tell you, I have been through many trials and tribulations trying to find a pair of shoes for the big day. As if it's not hard enough to find a) ivory shoes b) ivory shoes in the right shade of ivory c) shoes in the right shade of ivory and with an attractive, non-bank breaking price, BUT me and my silly hobbit feet (as Ste calls them!) made the task 10 times harder.

I now know that I have EE extra wide fit feet after looking it up online. I feel like I've spent the last few weeks as a Goldilocks of the show variety, dancing from one shop to the next in search of a pretty shoe that would be juuuust right. I did find a stunning pair in Dorothy Perkins, but my pinky toe was so squished I couldn't even move:

                                                     
                                             
Then I found this pair from Red or Dead, but again my feet were apparently too fat for these beauties too:

                                                     

I have always had some difficulty buying heels - aside from boots and flats whichI don't tend to have trouble with - but the high street only caters for the standard D foot width for the most part, aside from New Look and their wide fit range.

Just when I thought I'd have to either go bare foot or skip down the aisle in my slippers, I had a brainwave - Evans. Being especially for the larger lady, surely they would have wider fit shoes? Off I ran after work and found not one, not two, but three different ivory shoes to choose from. These are the one's I have picked - they are too cute for words and so, so comfy:

                                          
So let's hear it for all hobbit footed brides out there - don't dispair, even if you don't need to shop at Evans normally, you should now because they have a cracking range of wide fit shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment