Wednesday 11 August 2010

Fairest of them all?

One thing is said about every bride - 'doesn't she look beautiful?'

This simple phrase, whilst flattering and honest in it's sentiment, strikes fear into this soon-to-be-wed's heart. Why? Because it's a lot to live up to!

We've been planning our day for quite sometime now and for the most part I have felt in control of all the different elements, decisions and details we have arranged. Until, that is, I came to what I thought would be the most fun part of all - the makeover.

The dress I found 6 months ago but since I started having make up and hair trials, I've been depressed when I've seen the outcome. It's hard,being the centre of attention, to see yourself how others see you and therefore to be objective about whether a certain look works for you. The dress and our day has a distinct theme but each time I've tried to picture my complete ensemble, it's been more of a fantasy version of myself than reality.

I know every bride has self confidence issues at some point but my greatest fear is that I will a) look no different to normal b) look like a completely different person (in a bad way) or c) lack that wow factor that every bride is under pressure to have.

I know I'm probably worrying needlessly, but with the day so close now, I can't help asking my reflection in the mirror: 'will I be the fairest bride of them all?'

No comments:

Post a Comment